Friday, January 13, 2012

snowy days

So I went to bed last night with the window cracked, I had the Kindle Fire playing crickets, and between the noises and fresh air I would have sworn it was summer. Oh did I mention I was laying on a heating blanket so I was toasty. So once I started to feel really tired I shut the window and turn off the crickets. Fast forward 6 hours and 13 nursing session later to 7 am. I roll- ok fall, stumble or something else less than graceful, but I amount of bed, and it is white out- everywhere No clue where this came from, I even checked the weather right before bed and it said rain.

So I go to step and squash a Thing that was under foot and asleep on my floor, grumble grumble. So i poke at Thing 1 and tell her it is time for school, and the complaining starts. Eh nothing new, so i turn on the tv and there are 14,000 schools closed so now I am stoked because I will have all the Things home with me to keep me and Thing 3 company all day! So I watch as A,B,C, goes by ohhhhh so excited because all the local school are closed!! D,E,F,G, ohhhh come on come on... H, I, J,K ok I don't know of any schools that start with K, but you know what I mean. L!! Finally! Wait no Liverpool closed what the...? It is bad bad out there, and my babies have to stand in the unplowed road to catch a bus.NO this can't be right, so I go to the all knowing- Google! Nope, my Things have school. My heart dropped, the Things hearts were crushed and then they got angry, and they can only take it out on the Mother of All Things. Of course this and the pregnancy hormones are like oil and water.

So now I am pissed my Things have to go out in the snow and that they are being snots to me..... bad combo. So Thing 1's bus gets here 30 min late.... grrrr. Thing 2's is only about 10 min late so that is a little better. So they are off to school in the crappy weather, and the Father of All Things said he heard there was a bus accident, with a car. Grrrrrrr momma Thing is not happy. Hormones are playing a huger role than I figured. Becasue now that I know my Things are safe at school, I can calm down and breath... whooooosaaaaa.

Until my phone goes off and I know, I just know it is saying they are coming home early! WTF? No they just canceled after school activities! I can feel the tears welling up, and that is so not me. I am not a cryer, ever! And yet I can feel them threatening, and it dawns on me. It is Thing 4 wreaking havoc on my mind. This baby Thing is going to be a drama queen or a drama king, if what I am feeling is half of what it is feeling! Poor baby Thing 4. Oh no poor me! I am really going to be in for it.

2 comments:

  1. lol love this even though you were upset... you SO dont cry, ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe Liverpool wasn't cancelled! My husband was subbing there and had to drive through the crap too :(

    ReplyDelete