Friday, January 6, 2012

7 am

So I woke up at 5 am an I thought myhead was going to explode. But then I thought better of that and decided I did not want to clean up that kind of mess especially at 5 am, or 7 am when I finally got up. So I shoved hubby out of bed to bed me a couple of Tylenol. Man oh man he is a good guy. Note to self- read this blog when he does something that is rational, but seem irrational when I am huge and grumpy. So I downed the Tylenol and rolled over and went back to sleep.

7 am rolled around and my alarm went off, I actually think some how it gets louder everyday. Anywhoo it being Friday mean it was roughly somewhere between a mega phone and a fire truck at full blare. YUCK, and ouch, my head is still killing me so I am trying to get the 2 bigger Things ready for school from my bed. Side note, Thing 1 is nasty in the mornings and hard to get moving. She is always sick, her head hurts, her throat hurts, her tummy is icky, her eyelashes are bent, he toe nails are cold.... and it goes on and on. Thing 2 on the other hand is a breeze as long as the boob tube is not on. If it is well he can't function, think strait or even tell me his name. Today Thing 1 got out of the house, and I think she was dressed in matching clothes, actually she is 10 and a fashion diva all of a sudden so that is not a real concern, but I wonder if she packed a snack? So she is gone, she leaves an hour before Thing 2. So Thing 2 is concerned that the Mother of all Things is unable to get moving like normal, so he gets himself semi ready. And comes to check on me. The thing with Thing 2 is he is busy, very very busy, like constant motion, like make a humming bird look lazy, heck drains all of those around him of their energy and somehow stores it in himself busy. So he is hovering- I swear above the ground- and starts playing with my stuff on my night stand, he starts with the light. Off, on, off, on, off, on, off, on- ok Thing 2 STOP IT! So then it is on the the ear buds and then the lotion, and then I hear a weird plastic sound like a pen cap. Off, on off,on off, on. And I kinda roll over and with my one working eyeball and I see him playing with lucky 100. Goodness and ewwwww pee sticks are not for Things to play with. I ignore it hoping he doesn't know what it is, other thank an ink pen that doesn't work.

So he lets it go and says nothing. We get up and go downstairs and he finishes getting ready, and Thing 2 says mom did you take your baby test yet?? UMMMM ERRRR no I reply. Why Thing 2? Cause I want to know when we get to have another baby Thing 4. I reply well I'll let you know when I know. Thing 2 accepted that answer and went off to school.

But being the Mother of all Things means more than having 2 sets of hands and arms, and 2 pair of eyes. It means when my brain has a working moment it clicks. And Thing 2 now has a pretty good hunch that Thing 4 will be on it's way. What he doesn't know is they could very well share a birthday!

So from now on I know that at 7 am, the Things are smarter than the Mother of all Things. And not only are we at 2 to 1 odds, but at 7 am it doesn't really matter the odds.

No comments:

Post a Comment