Sunday, January 15, 2012

first time

So there are a lot of first in my life, first steps, first day of school, first date, first kiss, first marriage- well last one too. So as in pregnancies there are first.

With my first pregnancy I was so sick, well sick is not the real word for it. Posioned is a better word. Thing 1 for sure posioned my body, if I only threw up 3-4 times on any given day it was a good day. Bad days I found my self in the ER getting fluids pumped in, and Zofran shots in my heiny.  Once that subsided around about 4.5 months the diabetes kicked in so it was daily 3 times a day finger sticks and no more chocoalte. And those of you who know me that is a food group on its own. Got to the very end and sure enough had kidney stones, that were so bad I was in the hosptial for a  week before they induced me. From what I am told it was bad, I remember very little of it, but I got so many shots for the pain, and then shots for the vomiting and then IV's and blood draws I have nerve damage in my upper thighs..... very very odd.

Well Thing 2 I had first too. I remember for sure the day I first got sick with him- it was the first and last! Again I got the gestational diabetes and many many finger sticks later and the threat of having a ginormous baby- BTW he was 6 lbs 8 oz- REAL huge huh? I had the kidney stones but not as bad and I was able to stay home and got induced before I got stuck in the hospital for a week again.

Well a bunch of years later we get surprised with a honeymoon baby- not ours mind you, but we were in the wedding and somehow got the baby, and they got the honeymoon. Yeah what happened is still a mystery to me. I mean I know where babies come from, but why I never ever got a honeymoon and got the honeymoon baby still stumps me. So Thing 3 was full of first too. It was a first that I had no hurling, puking, vomiting, barfing none of it. I felt great! Thing 3 was the first time I did not get the gestational diabetes, but I did get the kidney stones. My docs were great because I could call and say hey- this is going on, and they would send me up to L&D and I'd get fluids and pain meds and go home to all my other Things. All in all it was an easy pregnancy. Delivery was easy until the end when I was pushing but Things 3's heart rate was crashing, so I was threatened a c-section if I didn't pick up the pace. Now THAT is motivation! Cut my belly open AFTER I got to 10  F that man! I got him out in no time flat, and let me tell you he was the healthiest Thing we had had so far! And he was the first Thing that I put my foot down as a mom and demanded we be let out of the hospital after 24 hours <------ very proud of that, it was a fight for sure but I held my ground. Oh yeah I forgot to mention Thing 3 was the first baby we didn't peek to see if it was a he or she Thing!

Ok so being only about 8 weeks into the pregnancy of Thing 4 I have had 2 migraines, no morning sickness- yet I know I am not out of the woods yet. But the migraine upset me because really Tylenol really won't touch it. It really really doesn't cut it. I have to say I would take the migraine over the morning sickness hands down. I can't wait to see what more of my firsts are going to be, maybe the first Thing with no kidney stones? Maybe the first Thing with a midwife delivery? Maybe even a first Thing with a home delivery?? Who know and  I have time on my side.

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness, those do not sound like fun pregnancies!
    I hope this one goes much better for you!

    ReplyDelete