Wednesday, July 25, 2012

healing process in work

It has been ages since I have been on this blog. Seeing as it was started to document our families lives during the adventure of adding bay number 4 to the family thus making the parent to child ratios 2 to 1. But as you all know we suffered a loss of that pregnancy. So I then tried to make it a normal blog about day to day life but that didn't fit well.

So part way through and experiment of changing my habits towards my hubby- or at least adding a few new ones I got sick. Really really sick. Like migraine after migraine, and tummy issues like I hadn't had in what I thought was forever. Little did I know I had had those same GI issues about 10 years prior..... yes I was pregnant again.

It was not planned, it was actually prevented- word of advice old condoms can expire BEFORE their date----- just saying. They- whoever they are, call it a rainbow baby, a baby that comes right after a loss. We were excited and terrified, I was definitely the latter.....

We held off on announcing the pregnancy seeing we had suffered such a horrific loss and honestly I was in shock. Part of me didn't want to hear the comments about isn't it too soon, and yes I got those, I didn't want to hear about being careless- because we really weren't.

So finally we got the first sonogram and all looked well, and then the next appointment and the heart beat was good and strong and now here we are at 20 weeks. All the organs are there and working, all the bits and pieces are present and accounted for and the growth is great. The heart rate is a good 141, and I feel him or her move and wiggle all the time.

I hate to say it but I have kept my heart very protected through this pregnancy, and wasn't going to touch this blog, but then I thought about it and I should at least celebrate this child because he or she is so wanted. Even if I am scared senseless of a loss again. So cautiously dip my toe into this blog again, and will bring you all through our journey of becoming 2 to 1 odds!

No comments:

Post a Comment